Pasadena Thinks Green
The City of Pasadena is famous for many things, including its leadership in environmental advocacy, compliance and protection. As one of America’s most progressive cities, Pasadena has woven sustainability into every aspect of municipal management.
- Pasadena is one of the few cities in the nation to draft and implement a Green City Action Plan.
- The city’s Green Building Ordinance requires LEED Silver ranking for major developments and municipal buildings
- After a three-year renovation, City Hall reopened in 2007 with LEED Gold Certification.
- The city has acquired a fleet of 50 “clean” vehicles, promotes an Area Rapid Transit System for commuters and has created 60 miles of bike lanes and parking for 1,000 bikes citywide.
- Pasadena recycles more than 85 percent of its green waste and diverts more than 500,000 containers annually from Rose Bowl Stadium events.
- In March 2008, Popular Science recognized Pasadena as “one of the 50 greenest cities in the nation.”
- The city is a member of Green Cities California, a group dedicated to accelerating local, regional, national and international efforts to achieve sustainability.
- For its efforts in sustainability Pasadena was selected as one of 12 cities to be honored for “Best Practices in Municipal Government” at the September 2008 conference of the International Association of City Managers.
Find Out More...
Shipping / Receiving
Pasadena Convention Center128 S. Marengo Avenue Pasadena, CA 91101 Ph: (626) 793-2122 ext 243